Enjoy skating at one of Orangeville's outdoor rinks during the winter season (weather permitting).
All outdoor rinks are closed for the season.
All Town of Orangeville outdoor ice rinks are natural ice and are solely dependent on weather conditions. Temperatures of -10⁰ C or colder, for a minimum of five consecutive days, are required to allow for adequate ground frost to help maintain a base before applying water to the site surface.
Parks and Recreation staff would appreciate the public staying off outdoor rinks when they are posted closed during the ice-building period.
- Idyllwilde Park is located at Fourth Street and Second Avenue (with lights) - washrooms are not available for use
- Tony Rose Memorial Sports Centre is at 6 Northmen Way, located at the back of the arena "A" (with lights) - washrooms are available inside Tony Rose Memorial Sports Centre when the facility is open.
- Orangeville Lions Club Sports Park is at 120 Diane Drive (with lights) - there are no washrooms at this location
- Princess of Wales Park is at 2 Saxon Street - there are no washrooms at this location.
Please observe the following guidelines when using outdoor rinks
- All outdoor rinks are unsupervised; parents/guardians are responsible for supervising children at all times.
- Idyllwilde and Tony Rose rinks are available for use until 11 p.m. daily. The Orangeville Lions Club Sports Park rink lights are available Sunday to Thursday from dusk to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from dusk to 10:30 p.m.
- The Town of Orangeville strongly recommends that appropriate CSA safety equipment be worn at all times.
- Please respect others; click here to view the Town of Orangeville’s Rzone policy.
- In case of emergency, please call 911.
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 519-940-9092.
Volunteer-supported Outdoor Ice Rink Policy
Would you like to have an outdoor ice rink in your community? If so, read the Volunteer Supported Outdoor Ice Rink Policy to learn how. The Town of Orangeville Volunteer Supported Outdoor Ice Rink Policy was developed in response to community demand to permit volunteers to operate outdoor ice rinks. The guidelines and application package has been established to assist an approved volunteer group to build and maintain an outdoor ice rink on Town land.